Custom url will allow visitors reach your website via specific domain address. Domain name can be for example yourname.com or yourbusinessname.com. If you don’t have your domain already, please follow this guide to purchase and configure your custom url.
How to purchase domain
You can purchase your domain from any domain registrar. We recommend purchasing the domain from https://godaddy.com
How to configure domain DNS
To configure DNS setting for your domain you only need to configure two records:
- A record for root domain yourdomain.com or “@” pointing to ip address 188.8.131.52
- CNAME record for “www” subdomain www.yourdomain.com pointing back to your root domain yourdomain.com
Process of DNS setup is similar in all domain registrars. The following instructions apply for Godaddy:
- Login to your GoDaddy account at https://godaddy.com
- Go to “My Products” at https://account.godaddy.com/products
- Click the DNS button for domain name you want to edit
- Edit the A record for “@” by clicking on pen icon on the right hand side
- Fill in “Points to” field with IP address 184.108.40.206
- Make sure that CNAME record for “www” is pointing to @
- Click Save
How to set custom url in Pixenio
Once you already configured your domain DNS, you can add your custom domain to Pixenio. Please note that DNS changes may sometimes take 24-48 hours to take effect.
- Login to your Pixenio account at https://pixenio.com/login
- Go to “Settings” and click on “Site Domain”
- Enter your Domain name and click Save
Pixenio automatically checks if your domain is configured correctly and issue SSL certificate. This process might take up to 24 hours to finish. Do not worry, Pixenio will send you an email once your website is ready and secure.